Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

my leopard gecko has a large lump on his tail i am unsure what

my leopard gecko has a large lump on his tail i am unsure what this is, his appetite is normal and he does not have any reaction when i touch it. do you have any advice as to what this could be

Can you tell me about the set up?

Is the lump hard or soft?

Do you leave feeder insects in with your Leo?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

he is on a diet of meal worms which i do top up regularly with usually once a month i get him locusts he has a calcium dish in his bowl at all times with fresh water.

the lump is soft but is quite large.

his tank is lined with paper towels.

Thank-you for the information. I suspect that the lump you have found is an abscess. These can be quite common in Reptiles. This can happen if one of the feeders happen to bite the Leo, then bacteria gets trapped in the area and an abscess occurs. I am going to give you links for the UK Herp Vets in hopes that there is one in the area where you are located. This is my link for all the Herp Vets in UK: The Herp Vet will open the abscess and clean it out, and administer antibiotics as well as give you some to give at home. This may open on its own, but most likely will need to be addressed by the Herp Vet. Joan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you for your information unfortunately i live on the isle of man so i would have to take him to a regular vet as i don't think there are any reptile specialists here.

I was hoping that one of the Vets that were listed would be able to help. I have a list of Vets in your area. Maybe one could do a phone consult with a Herp Vet on the lsit. Joan

Vets in Isle Of Man

Below is a list of vets in Isle Of Man. Just click on a vet to view its' details.

Arg Beiyn
81 Parliament St, Ramsey, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM8 1AQ
Telephone: 01624 812208
Email:[email protected]

Arg Beiyn
Unit 9, Village Walk, Onchan, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM3 4EA
Telephone: 01624 622259
Email:[email protected]

Milan Veterinary Practice
Somerset Rd, Douglas, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM2 5AQ
Telephone: 01624 674532

Arg Beiyn Animal Arc
19 Douglas St, Peel, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM5 1BA
Telephone: 01624 843890

Strand House, Strand Rd, Port Erin, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM9 6HE
Telephone: 01624 835424

Milan Veterinary Practice
The Old Post Office, Douglas St, Peel, ISLE OF MAN, Isle Of Man, IM5 1AA
Telephone: 01624 844656