Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

how often should i feed my fat tailed geko and what live food

how often should i feed my fat tailed geko and what live food is best
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

Your gecko should be fed every other day. Crickets are the best insect as a staple food, but it's good to provide some variety. Silkworms and meal worms can be provided occasionally. Wax worms are all right for a rare treat. To find variety, you may have to order online. There are companies that ship worldwide. Here are three of them:

For more on feeding and care, here's a good site:

Be sure to never leave live, uneaten crickets in the cage. They bite sleeping lizards, and while the bites are tiny, they're very prone to infection. If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on the green ACCEPT button. Thank you.)