1. the bump is soft
2. i saw it this morning. i'm pretty sure it hasn't been growing over the past few days. it just appeared this morning.
3. yes we leave about 2 - 3 live crickets in the cage but the gecko usually eats the meal worms and rarely eats the crickets. sometimes we find them attacked and dead but not really eaten.
4. we use the sand that you get at the pet store... the kind that is safe for geckos if they eat it.
5. right now the temperature is 82. it's never lower than 70-75.
6. lately he's been out of his rock more. he usually is sleeping on top of his rock or on the sand. i did notice today that his tail is not as fat as it usually is. i put a set of new meal worms in his tank and he has 2 crickets in there.