Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She started with scooting ALOT last week. Went to vet and

Customer Question

She started with scooting ALOT last week. Went to vet and they emptied her anal glands. Still scooting days later , went back to see if uti- checked tribe and it was ok- told to have her sit in epson salt baths for 3 nights. Today she peed blood. Went back and X-ray showed no stones in bladder- doc suspected she had one and it passed. Pitiful her on baytril , she took 1/2 pill and threw up an hour later and has had about 6 poops since then and not acting right.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I did buy her anew food yesterday called fresh pet I think that's organic and refrigerated. She had a small amount last night and this morning .
JA: How old is fresh?
Customer: How old? Bought it yesterday.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about fresh?
Customer: Fresh is a food
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 13 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are the stools she's passing solid?

Was the baytril given with food?

The new food you purchased, are you performing a slow transition or using it exclusively?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The baytril was given right before some food. The atolls were soft but got softer each time to were it was funny last time. The new food was given with other food last night and some this morning but nothing since.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Runny*
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
she's just acting strange- finally got her to lie down. Don't know if this is related to the scooting (which is better now) and peeing blood.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If I knew it wasn't going to be right away I wouldn't have paid. I can call my vet in the morning!