Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Towne and Country Animal Hospital
98621803

My son is watching my dog an he has a lab the lab attacked

Customer Question

hi my son is watching my dog an he has a lab the lab attacked him they have been together many times before..my dog is a bischon..my son says he seems ok but is just sitting with his mouth open but walking and seems ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no..checked his neck no bite marks and he is walking ok..I though maybe he is in shock
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: dog is riley age 6...lab is 6years also
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about dog?
Customer: riley is 13 pounds the lab is 60 lbs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Chelsea Schwarb replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a veterinarian. I'm very sorry to hear that Riley was attacked. I understand how scary that is. I am happy that Riley does not seem to be injured. What questions can I answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is sleepy by now. My son said he just seems scared and was sitting with his mouth open. Walking ok has not taken a drink no bite marks lab was on top of him my son was able to get lab off of him. How would I know if he had internal injuries what are the signs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would prefer email

Alright those are good signs. I want to make sure he is breathing comfortably, he is able to eat and drink, and does not have any pain. Signs of internal injuries typically appear quickly with dog fights. If you are not seeing any wound and blood, then I am hopeful he will be okay. He is likely stunned by what happened and needs some time to calm down. If you notice that he is very sleepy, he is difficult to arouse when you call his name, doesn't want to eat, starts limping, has blood in urine/vomit/stool then these are all concerning signs.

Hello. I wanted to check in on Riley and see if he has recovered?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding Riley. I hope he is feeling better today. If you had a moment to leave me a positive rating I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!