Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She was sluggish this afternoon and now has diarrhea. how

Customer Question

She was sluggish this afternoon and now has diarrhea. how can i treat diarrhea on 4 month old gs puppy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gem?
Customer: she was running around playing ball after being sluggish so I thought she was fine, The she had two rounds of diarrhea. I gave her 1/2 cup of white rice and she gobbled it down
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?