Hilary Humm-Beatty
Hilary Humm-Beatty, Veterinarian
Experience:  Locum Veterinarian at Self
28121390

I've taken my dog to the emergency vet twice in the past 24

Customer Question

Hi, I've taken my dog to the emergency vet twice in the past 24 hours and I am still concerned. His breathing pattern has gone from deep shallow breaths to show shallow breaths and his mouth is flapping up and down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: He got an antibiotic shot today, and is on a sedative.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Hilary Humm-Beatty replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I am Dr. Beatty and am happy to give you some time tonight about your sweet dog. I understand he's been to the ER clinic twice this weekend and is still not quite right. What is his name? How old is he? What kind of dog is he? Did the ER vet tell you what was going on and how did they treat him?

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly what is going on with your dog and it appears that you may not be online any longer. I really want to help reassure you and give you some assistance. I'm not sure if we will connect this evening but I would highly, highly recommend that if you continue to be concerned about your sweet dog and his breathing it would be best to return to the ER vet to have him rechecked again. Any type of respiratory distress is truly an emergency. If you don't want to rush him back in, at least give them a call and let them know what is going on with your guy. I know if I was his vet, I would hate to think that he is doing fine because I haven't heard anything and then find out that he was not doing well after all. So, please, you're not bothering them! If you're worried please call them!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. If you have the time, please rate the assistance I have provided tonight. It is really valuable to me as I help other clients and their pets.

I'm just checking in on you and your dog. I hope he is doing ok. If you found my help useful, would you please take the time to "ACCEPT" my response and "RATE" my answer. This provides me and other clients valuable feedback about my assistance. Thanks. *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

henrysdoc