Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My puppy is being treated for parvo. It's a combination of

Customer Question

My puppy is being treated for parvo. It's a combination of vet care during the day and then me during the evening. He's on the 6th day of treatment. I was advised by my vet to start syringe feedings and giving him water. I'm giving him Urgent Care a/d by Hills prescription Diet mixed with water so it's thin enough. 2 syringes full and water every hour through the night until I drop him back off in the morning. He seems to be keeping it down for the most part but also seems lethargic. It is 1:20 am so maybe he's just sleepy. Do you think this sounds like a good plan to keep up with? Waking him up for another feeding soon.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you give me more details on "the most part"? Are you seeing vomiting? How much does your companion weight? How many mLs are these syringes?