Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He just died he was fine 2 days ago and out of nowhere he

Customer Question

He just died he was fine 2 days ago and out of nowhere he started throwing up and layed down all day no eating just drinking water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No hes been very healthy i have another dog just dont wanna let him out side if maybe theres something out there
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My sister gave him tylenol and he passed away
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 13 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am sorry to hear of your companion's passing. Tylenol can be toxic to dogs and may be the reason that he died. How can I best help you this evening?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My sister said he was throwing up bile and was very hot

It's all going to be speculation at this point, but there's more information available here on Tylenol toxicity. I would NOT recommend giving any additional Tylenol in the future. More info here on the toxicity: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_dg_acetaminophen_toxicity

If you are concerned that there may be something outside that your other companion had access to, you'll need to walk all areas of the yard or commit to leash walks from this point forward to ensure that all his activity is monitored outdoors.

How old was the pup that passed away? Was there any abnormal stool being passed?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No stool he didn't use the bathroom for 2 days he was 4 yrs old a lil shitzu

It's unfortunate that your friend passed away. If your remaining companion begins showing similar symptoms, I would absolutely have them examined by your vet since we don't know with absolute certainty that the Tylenol is what caused his death. Vomiting alone can indicate major problems and if your companion develops the same symptoms it may indicate that his life is also in jeopardy.