PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Vomited 12x now liquid, No, Norma, 5 American Bulldog, 5,

vomited 12x now brown liquid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No,
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Norma, 5 American Bulldog
JA: How old is Norma?
Customer: 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Norma?
Customer: She was vomiting today, she had a BM 3x before noon and what lloked like tissue in her stool. She is a paper, cardboard, tissue addict. She tends to eat it whenever I took her to the vet, not sure how good he is- we are new in town He gave her an IV and told me to give her Peptiol Bismol 3x a day and also sent me home with amoxicillin for her 2x a day Also, she refues to eat and drink
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I gave her a syringe of PB at 8;30p and she hasn't puked since. She is very uncomfortable getting on and off the couch and pacing
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
THe doctor also gave her a shot- not even sure what it was
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh and he said he had a fever 102.2

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks

The shot was likely for nausea and to reduce the instance of vomiting. How can I best help you today since the vomiting appears to have stopped?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Well, it's been an hour and a half since she last vomited. She is pacing and cant get comfortable
... What does dark brown liquid vomit mean?

There can be a variety of causes for pigmentation of vomit. Typically the digestive fluids in the stomach are to blame, mixed with ingesta (contents of the stomach) which may be influenced by food, dirt, etc. that a dog has consumed. Sometimes blood is also the source of pigmentation though it usually takes on a red appearance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, thanks- Im going to see how it goes, but have 24hr er vet on standby if that is the route I have to go

Keep me posted if you need more help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy