Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I was just browsing to see about my pug. Bella, She started

Customer Question

I was just browsing to see about my pug. Bella
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with Bella?
Customer: She started limping last week on right front paw, I gave her canine aspirin. that has let up after giving her the aspirin a few days. Now she is limping on the left front paw, I am doing the same. One thing I have noticed is her appetite is not very good, but she could lose a few pounds, and her tail seems to go staight and wag sometimes Inadvertently. She gets anxious periods too. I took her to the play place the other day, even though I had second thoughts, with my chug, and was watching her at home on their web cam, she sat all alone in the corner, I went back and got her early.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I have not exactly, I do know her nails grow into her paw on both feet, the left one I did clip the other nail because it was starting to dig in a little . the other side is fine. No I have not really looked close, but there is no obvious wounds
JA: How old is Bella?
Customer: she is 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She does not get enough exercise, she lives with me, I am a widow, I am depressed, and I think that is part of it, she is very close to me.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is not related to Bella, it is telling me about an app for my phone. I can not get that or text right now, I have a limited phone I got by mistake, I am returning it but until I get a smart phone I can not do apps or get texts. I shared everything I have noted with Bella above. I have a bare bones vet here.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
another thing I needed to add is that she has constipation and gas problems.The problem got pretty bad once, I was browsing as I do for many things and saw that I could give her 5 ml of Lackitlose(sp) and it worked for her, she seems to dispise dry dog food too.
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 4 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

So was her nail curled under on the front right leg that she was limping on first?

You didn't cut the nails on the front left leg that she is now limping on?

Is she on flea preventative?

If so, what kind is she on?

Are you still giving her aspirin?

What dose did you give her?

How overweight is she?

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Is she on flea preventative?

If so, what kind is she on?

Are you still giving her aspirin?

What dose did you give her?

How overweight is she?