Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I'm very worried. She has blood in her diahrehha and has

Customer Question

Hi! I'm very worried. She has blood in her diahrehha and has been vomiting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I gave her a bone a day before this started, but it was a bone she has had before like she has had that kind and shape before
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: she has had GI problems since she was a puppy, battled giardia for about a year, but then tested negative in the summer and hasn't had it since then she did have hookworm larvae in her stool sample in november she took the medicine fem the vet and then her poops were fine so i didn't take her back for a re test
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long has this been an issue?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?