Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Wow, my chihuahua is 14 yo he has had illness for a

Customer Question

hi wow
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: my chihuahua is 14 yo he has had illness for a while....has been on lasiks for his heart but he´was still an active happy dog
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: all of a sudden he is afraid, he has hidden twice when I left the room, but he is eating and drinking water still well hard to say, but I think the abdominal area.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: well, that he has congestive heart failure and severe herniated cervical disks. This is different. He got this when we arrived to Honduras
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do you mean you think he is sore in his abdominal region? Or is that area distended?

Any change to routines, noises or people at home?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?