Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is very old has lost all balance on her legs and

Customer Question

My dog is very old has lost all balance on her legs and about 20 minutes ago I can see she is not pulling her tongue back into her mouth.she is wimpering alot
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How is she now?

Is her tongue still out? Can she eat or drink?

Any change of a fall or injury?

Does she seem weak or is struggling with a leg?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi.. she's not doing great. She just had a bowel movement and is bleeding from the back passage . She is very stressed I'm going to take her to the vet now
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He tongue is still out. It's like her mouth looks tightened. I gave her water through a tipped bottle and she did move her tongue to get the water.. but the water was dripping as if she couldn't get it
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 days ago.

Hi again,

If she is passing blood along with all her other signs, it is best to have her seen at this point (as it raises concerns of possible toxicity). Since you are going to do so, I will pass your question back to customer service for you.

Best wishes,

Dr.B.