How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2953
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe she may have 'eaten' a small magnet that was in a

Customer Question

I believe she may have 'eaten' a small magnet that was in a small oven type finger mitt. She also injested the material and stuffing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: harper n she is 2 yrs shepherd/naid mix
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about n?
Customer: just if I should let it pass on it's own or if more drastic measures need to be taken
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** How long ago did this possible ingestion maybe happen? Did she eat a lot of the finger mitt fabric and stuffing material? Was it a single small magnet or were there multiple ones?