Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog ( 1 1/2 year old GSP has a round balding spot that

Customer Question

My dog ( 1 1/2 year old GSP has a round balding spot that still has a little hair in the middle. It appears flaky and dry, not red and irritated. He does not scratch it obsessively. We have had allergy problems prior but I thought they were under control and this looks different. Any thoughts?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: His name is Sam.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sam?
Customer: He is a very indiscriminate eater. He will literally eat anything.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am at work now and Sam is at home. I guess I didn't think this through very well (story of my life) when I can send photo's I will. Sorry.

No worries. I'll watch for your next post. Please stay in this conversation rather than opening up a new one. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took Sam to my vet. At this time we are going with Ringworm. We will see how he responds to the treatment.
Thank you.

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.