How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Hill Your Own Question
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 505
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Kelly Hill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog tried to eat a sos pad. Fortunately got the pad out

Customer Question

My dog tried to eat a sos pad. Fortunately got the pad out of her mouth but ingested quite. A bit of the detergent in it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Asia. 14 yr old. Approx 63lb
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Asia?
Customer: No. Fairly healthy. Take apoquel for allergies I had her eat a piece of bread to try and soak any of the detergent she ingested
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Fortunately, the detergent in an SOS pad is not toxic. You can see some mild gastrointestinal irritation, but not typically anything more than that. Just keep an eye on his eating and if you note that he is not eating regularly, then I would take him to your local veterinarian for a physical exam. Please ask any follow up questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, then please take time to rate my response. Oddly enough, SOS pads are one of the more common ingestions in dogs. Take care

Related Dog Questions