Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I found a a lump on his spine, middle back. Dog's name is

Customer Question

I found a a lump on his spine, middle back.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dog's name is ***** ***** a male, and he's 9 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tootsie?
Customer: There's no pain when I add pressure to the lump, he's eating normal, still active, and playful.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is it hard, soft, fluidy, or warm to the touch?

Does it feel to be on the skin, in the skin, or attached to deeper tissues?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.