Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

She has a red raised rash all over her boy, she is a pug and

Customer Question

she has a red raised rash all over her boy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: she is a pug and is 3
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: are you still there
JA: No. I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant.
Customer: Jasmine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasmine?
Customer: she is the only one showing this rash I have 7 pugs, a few days ago she had a small cut to her head, I bathed it but thought nothing of it as it wasn't particularly deep, don't know if its relevant
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jacustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It sounds like she may be having an allergic reaction to something. Perhaps the shampoo you used or a new treat of food item. Allergies in dogs are much like humans and can be environmental such as pollens, air fresheners, detergents, cleaning supplies, etc. You can read about these below.

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/allergy-general-in-dogs/428

http://www.lbah.com/word/canine/skin-allergies/

Benadryl may help with the allergic reaction. The dosage is 1-2mg per pound every 8 hours.

Try and identify what may have changed so she isn't exposed to the allergen in the future.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. Let me know if my answer was helpful.