Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

She is at day 54 and just threw up. We are concerned parents

Customer Question

She is at day 54 and just threw up. We are concerned parents since this is her first littler.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that we are aware of. She hasn't even eaten breakfast yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She's a Golden Retriever that connected Nov 11 so I am guessing today is day 54. I just was searching to see if this was a normal "morning sickness" type sign or if I should take her to her Vet.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Is she acting normal, or is she acting anxious? Are you certain about the date of Nov 11, and she could not have also been mated with earlier?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pretty sure. We had our Grand
puppy over (Corgi) but watched them or kept them separate. Her Vet said she looks right along the timelines of being at about 54 days.
Expert:  Ann M. replied 3 months ago.

Okay. Is she pacing and anxious? Or just not eating and vomited once?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is not anxious at all, just vomited (green but not grass green) the one time and is now just laying down and hanging out. She has not eaten her breakfast yet.
Expert:  Ann M. replied 3 months ago.

Okay. I suspect this is not pregnancy related. I would withhold food and water for 6hours, but give her a dose of Prilosec 20mg. After 6 hours, if she has not vomited, you can offer her a small amount of a bland diet of boiled chicken breast and white rice. If she holds that down for an hour, you can keep offering her small amounts of this diet for the next 1-2 days until she seems back to normal. If she vomits again, see your veterinarian.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Expert:  Ann M. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning... how is your dog doing now? Any continued vomiting? Any other signs of labor yet?