Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I have 2 Bernese Mountain dogs - I of them - I "think" the

Customer Question

I have 2 Bernese Mountain dogs - I of them - I "think" the 14 month old got 2 Clorox toilet bowl scrubbers out of the bathroom. They both are slightly shredded but for the most part intact. So far no signs of illness but it has only been 2 hours and I'm afraid to leave them while I sleep since I really don't know which got to them and how much chemical they could have ingested. What should I do?.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: he's healthy weighs 92 pounds and ate his evening milk bone before I knew what he had gotten into.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to assist you.

Was what was chewed the toilet bowl wand?

Was it just shredded or does it look like some was ingested or chewed?

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

I do not want you waiting so I am assuming the dog did not eat much if any of a toilet bowl wand pad. With a small ingestion or if the dog was chewing on the pad, we usually will see a Gastrointestinal upset which would be vomiting or diarrhea. You will want to check for burns in or around the mouth and lips. I suggest giving some milk and a slice or two of whole grain bread if you have it and if not any bread will do to helpo neutralize any chemical reaction.
If severe vomiting or diarrhea occur, then an ER Vet visit will be needed.

Please hit reply to discuss any concerns.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this information. I will be going off in about 45 mins and want to be that you have been assisted and the dogs are doing well, before going off.

Joan