Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have my daughters dog visiting. He is a 10 year old

Customer Question

We have my daughters dog visiting. He is a 10 year old dauchand. Yesterday he started drooling a thick saliva and is really jittery. Usually a friendly dog, he is avoiding us (we had to chase him down last night to get him in his kennel with his sister. He was so jittery, we left him out in the laundry room and this morning for he had pooped and peeed on the floor - unusual for him). Now he remains jittery and continues to salivate the thick, clear mucus like substance.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cooper and he is still very jittery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He has a history of gum and teeth problems. My daughter remarked that he has lost a number of teeth.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My husband says he had seizure like activity twice yesterday. He was lying on his side and shaking.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Does Cooper have a history of seizures?
2) When was his last dental cleaning?
3) Is he still eating well?
4) Any vomiting or diarrhea?