Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 60 + pound German Shepherd puppy that is having

Customer Question

I have a 60 + pound German Shepherd puppy that is having problems with her back teeth coming in. We have taken her to our vet who eliminated any other cause than "cutting" her teeth. They have come through her gums, but she still holds her mouth open, has trouble eating and her water bowl is pink every morning from her gums bleeding. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. :(
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: She is otherwise healthy and has not had any other problems - she still has an appetite, it is just difficult for her to chew.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

If you press on the jaw, are you able to close it? If not, does it seem to be catching in the TMJ joint or in the mouth?

Could you take a picture of her from the front and side so I can see how her jaw looks?