Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I breed her with another male dog on her 12th day of heat

Customer Question

I breed her with another male dog on her 12th day of heat she stood there and let the male enter her after about a hour of the male dog trying they had a tie and then two days later they tied again after about a hour of the male dog trying at this point she was still willing to let him hump her before i bred her she was dripping light red blood now three days after the last tie she os lightly dripping dark red blood its not smelly and her behavior or eating habits have not changed do i need to be concern about this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is still humping my leg and her tail still go to the side when i pet her on her back despite her being breed twice now
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds i layed her down and i got a cotton swap and lightly touch the drip of blood that was about to drip off her vagina and it was dark red
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks

Am I correct that she is currently 17 days into her heat cycle?

Do you have pics of the blood?

What breed is she and what breed is he? Is he substantially larger than she is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
shes 17 days into her heat cycle she is a 2 year old rottweiler and yes he was bigger than her
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have no pic of the blood atbthos time but its reall really dark red blood drops

So, it would be expected for her to have some vaginal stretching and possibly tearing, too. Additionally, most bitches will bleed up to the 25th day so it's very possible that this is normal for her both due to the breeding and her heat cycle. If you're noticing a substantial amount of blood, I would have her examined to be sure that there is no reason to be concerned.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After inspecting her vagina the blood is not coming from inside her but rather from small cuts at the tip of her vagina im sending a picture and maybe you can tell me if i need to take her to the vet i cleans the cuts off with peroxide

I'll be standing by.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It want allow me to upload the picture

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok give me a sec

I'll be standing by.