Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just ate my vitamins & supplements. She consumed: 1

Customer Question

My dog just ate my vitamins & supplements. She consumed: 1 multivitamin, 3 spriulina, one krill, one calcium, two senna and 2 liverade pills. She spit out my antidepressant.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Scout 11.5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scout?
Customer: no - she is in good health She weighs 60 lbs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. There are two things in your favour here, one being that Scout is a larger dog, the second being that what she ate are really food supplements rather than drugs as such and they as such they will have a very high margin of safety in the dog.

2. The chances are that Scout will be just fine so all you need do for present is just to keep an eye on her, some dogs might perhaps have a mild episode of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but if this should occur { And it may well not } then in most cases it should soon pass on it's own or by simple measures such as you putting her on a reduced bland diet for a day or so.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Scout's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Scout is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the supplements she ingested ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?