How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 27384
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

She just ate a whole twix bar she's 11 lbs Yorkie mix.

Customer Question

She just ate a whole twix bar she's 11 lbs Yorkie mix.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Winnie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Winnie?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Thankfully there's not enough chocolate in that Twix bar to intoxicate an 11 lb dog. It takes ~11 ounces of solid milk chocolate to intoxicate Winnie with the theobromine in the chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremors if ingested in sufficient amount. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but Winnie will remain safe. There's no reason to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Related Dog Questions