Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I live in the Philippines, and we have two female puppies,

Customer Question

I live in the Philippines, and we have two female puppies, about nine months old, littermates, medium-sized. About three months ago, we had them both spayed. I notice that one of them had a swollen vulva and she had very slight, watery bleeding. Apparently, when someone here at home lifted her up around her middle she yelped quite loudly. Took her to the vet, who examined her and said there was no way she could be in estrus due to having been spayed, and the vet gave her a tablet called Previcox (firocoxib). That dog seems to be better, no more bleeding, and the vulva not as swollen by about half. Noticed the other pup now also had a swollen vulva, vet gave her Carprofen, starting yesterday. Today I noticed she also has slight watery bleeding. This pup got vicious when our male came between her and her sister, and she attacked the sister. We were barely able to separate them without anyone being bitten. What is going on? Thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Previcox?
Customer: It says on the writie up it is for relief of pain and control of inflammation assosiated with osteoarthritis and musculoskeletal disorders. It is also effective to control post-operative pain associated with surgery; including soft tissue, orthopedic and dental procedures.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 12 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hi , I see you have a phone number in the system on your second question, please confirm you would like me to call you back.

If not I am glad to type out an answer here ...

Regards,

Dr Scott