Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He will no get up. he is a 1 year old pit. he was fine this

Customer Question

he will no get up. he is a 1 year old pit bull. he was fine this morning. let him out and he came back in slow laid down and will not get up. he tries but can not put any weight on his back legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: zuko he goes to the vet reg. he was plying with his twin brother outside for about 30 min he had a family history of heart problems so we take it easy on him and his brother when they play.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about zuko?
Customer: he had a family history of heart problems so we take it easy on him and his brother when they play. he has not had any problems with his heart yet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
his leg shakes when we move it.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry that you are having this problem with Zuko. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he alert and responsive?

2- Is he dragging his back legs?

3- Can you try to stand him up and see if he supports weight on his back legs?