Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 10 y/o cocker spaniel when we woke up yesterday, he

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 10 y/o cocker spaniel when we woke up yesterday, he started limping he doesn't seem to want to put weight on his back right foot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes, I couldn't see anything I compared the two back feet, it's possible one toe is slightly swollen, but not significantly
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the spaniel's name?
Customer: Brinkley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brinkley?
Customer: I also have been dealing with a flea problem in my home. Don't know if that could be related.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has periods where he almost walks normally, then he starts limping again. He doesn't yelp if I touch his leg or his foot, but he withdrew his foot when I tried to examine between his toes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've had him for two years. He has always been itching a lot and chews his feet. Not sure if him chewing his feet could be related to this?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is he on any medication at this time?
2) Can you share a video showing his walking?
3) Is he licking this particular foot this evening?
4) Does the paw pad appear red or swollen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you so much.
1. No
2. I'm not home now, but I can take a video when I get home from work in a couple of hours.
3. He is always licking all of his feet, but I haven't noticed him licking that particular foot more than the others.
4. I compared both the back feet, and one of the middle toes on that foot appeared a tiny bit bigger than the same toe on his other foot.

That would be perfect. I'll keep an eye out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you! I just post it here, correct?

Correct. There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you so much! I'll do that as soon as I can.

Wonderful.