Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Above her ear its swollen also the ear is swollen took to

Customer Question

above her ear its swollen also the ear is swollen took to vet they took sample and gave her bendryl under microscope found bacteria prescribed clavamox 250 mg every 12 hours ... should I be worried they really didn't have any answers but told me see my vet which is not as equipped then emergency ....
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no we get an annua lI with full bloodwork have her 2 years now shes a rescue...
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet has a swollen ear and samples revealed bacteria, so she is on oral antibiotics. It sounds as though your pet may have an ear hematoma and an ear infection.
Please send me a picture of the ear so that I can give my final recommendation. I need to see this to know if this is an ear hematoma or something else entirely. There is an icon just above the chat box that you can upload photo's with. You first have to save a photo to your computer.

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is there anyway I can send you photos from cell phone???

Yes it is actually easier. There should be a button there on your screen at the bottom left I believe to post a picture.

- Dr. H

This will only work if you are using the Justanswer app. Or you could simply email the picture to yourself from your phone.