Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Her tummy is swollen and hard she is about 9 weeks old and

Customer Question

Her tummy is swollen and hard she is about 9 weeks old and we have her being treated for mange, tape worm and a skin virus. She was given to us super sick and we have an appointment at 430 to have her checked again.... just worried as her stomach hasn't swelled before
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is pooping fine, very thirsty - acting normal.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz. replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Does she seem painful at all?

Can you look at her gums and see if they are nice and pink and if the color comes back quickly when you press on them?

Are they tacky or moist to the touch?