Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have a 15.5 te old pug. She is having lots of accidents

Customer Question

We have a 15.5 te old pug. She is having lots of accidents in the house on the couches. Even where she lays. It's not totally runny sonetimes it's firm and formed She still goes on her walks and enjoys them but around the house her tail is between her legs and she eats one time a day. If we feed her any more it gets worse. Is she just getting to THAT point in her life. We don't want her suffering.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Georgie she is 15.5years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Georgie?
Customer: No we just know she is very old. We don't want her to suffer. She is like our baby.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are these primarily urine or stool concerns?
2) Is she on any medication at this time?
3) What food is being fed? Any human foods? Any treats?