Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog ate refresh pm lubricant eye ointment. It is a .12 oz

Customer Question

My dog ate refresh pm lubricant eye ointment. It is a .12 oz bottle and she chewed throw that most of it. I would just call the vet but it it Thanksgiving.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Good news, this product is just made of Mineral Oil 42.5% and White Petrolatum 57.3%. If anything it could cause some gut upset and possible diarrhea. So, unless she ate the tube itself, we'd not be overly worried here and would just want to offset any GI upset here for the next 24-48 hours.

To do so, you can consider offering a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. And again we'd not be overly worried with her having eaten some of this as it is fairly benign for them.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.