Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog threw up a bile with a little blood spots (Less then

Customer Question

My dog threw up a bile with a little blood spots (Less then ten little spots). Poop has been fine and urine fine too.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that i am aware of. He chews on a natural bone or tendon.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Louis, he is 11 months and has been to the Vet many times with healthy reports
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Louis?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 13 days ago.

hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry Louis is not feeling well.

What breed of dog is he?

How long has this been going on?

Is he interested in eating?

And there has been no diarrhea correct?

How often do you feed him a day?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yorkie
Just once today
He ate this morning
November diarrhea
He eatsaid twice per day.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for that information. Sometimes dog do vomit up a little bile and what can help is if you break up the meal into three or four smaller meals and make one meal just before bedtime for the night.

You mention that he eats some bones and that is usually a concern for a blockage but that would show vomiting. diarrhea, lack of appetite and lethargy. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

You can give a pepcid AC and I will direct you to dosing for this as well as information on side effects.

If you notice sudden lack of appetite and diarrhea along with vomiting then he should have a hands on exam.

Pepcid: http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid