Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Dog ate lantana ears are swollen. ate a day ago. good

Customer Question

dog ate lantana ears are swollen. ate a day ago. good appetite. sleeps a lot. bulldog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Cricket 9 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cricket?
Customer: We think she is going thru a slow reaction. the tips of her ears are swollen. can she take benidryl
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you please attach pictures showing the swelling at the ear tips?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no. just swollen on the tips. just spongey warm not real read

To answer your original question, she can take 1-2mg of benadryl every 8-12 hours for the swelling. If you do not see a marked improvement by morning, I would have her examined.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800