Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Mastiff gave birth 4 weeks ago. Above one of her nipples

Customer Question

mastiff gave birth 4 weeks ago. Above one of her nipples area mass is very hard, little or no milk coming out. No temperature or redness in the area.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gemma
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Gemma?
Customer: Nine puppies, she is 3 years old English Mastiff. She is eating well
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 13 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've read about Mastitis although the area is not hot, fever, or red. Area is a harder mass above the nipple. What little milk comes out is white. Will warm compresses and vinegar help and if I can get the milk flowing and massage and break down the mass?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Never mind, I was going to pay the $5 and now I keep getting trial offers and more $ payment involved. i think i will take her to the local vet. Cancel everything.