Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My 12 year old sheltie has pln. HE has an appetite but only

Customer Question

Hi my 12 year old sheltie has pln. HE has an appetite but only will eat chicken or fish mixed with some rice and green beans and raw carrots. We did try pln science diet ccan food but he will not eat it. Could use a suggestion?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buster
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Buster?
Customer: He is on enalapril, low dose asprin potassium and omega-3 supplement He is still very active considering condition
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Just to confirm that Buster has a protein losing nephropathy.

I recommend that you check out the website Balanceit.com. It is a nutrition site from the UC Davis veterinary college. It is designed to help people who do home cooked meals make the diets complete and balanced. You can pick your protein source and a variety of fruits and veggies and then they will provide an additive that will make it a healthy, complete and balanced diet. You can also put in medical history and have a diet designed for Buster that would be the best suited for his medical condition. It seems to work well for many of my clients. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for a few days, even after rating my response. Take care.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

katjadvm