Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

He just had TPLO surgery and is on 75mg Rimadyl twice a day

Customer Question

He just had TPLO surgery and is on 75mg Rimadyl twice a day for pain / inflammation. At night (especially) this seems to be inadequate with him waking up panting and pacing. I have some Tramadol from an old dog of mine and would like to give him some of this in addition. Form what I've seen online there seems to be no problem with combining these 2 drugs. If that is the case, what is the correct dosage. He's 75 lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about He 's?
Customer: The surgery was last Wednesday. That's it.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 14 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, we often do use Rimadyl and Tramadol together. Therefore, this could be used in this situation. Dose-wise, we tend to give 75lb dogs a dose of 68-100mg every 8-12 hours or it could be used just as part of the bedtime dosing. Of course, if this Tramadol you have is out of date, it can be used as a one-off but we'd want to ring his vet about dispensing some for this wee lad to help him during his recovery period.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou for the information :)
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 14 days ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Best wishes for you both,

Dr. B.