How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2952
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Very worried she ate a lawn mushroom, maybe part of a big

Customer Question

very worried she ate a lawn mushroom, maybe part of a big woody type one.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: should i give her hydrogen peroxide now to induce vomiting?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 17 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. If she ingested the mushroom within the last hour and is not showing any neurologic behavior then it is okay to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. How much does she weigh?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
20 pounds
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 17 days ago.

So she is a peanut. I would only give 1-2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide initially and then run her around to shake up her belly.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 17 days ago.

Let me know when she throws up please.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 16 days ago.

I am going to opt out of this question. Take care.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dog is fine . Thanks