Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Last night she had two dead puppies within 2 hours. She then

Customer Question

Last night she had two dead puppies within 2 hours. She then could not deliver her third one for several hours. The puppies were very large. Anyways, I took her to the vet and they did a ceserian and took out two more that were dead. What could of happed? the vet said that the pup was very, very large when he removed it through surgery. there was four all together and the two that were born first looked very well developed, with some fur and well developed muscles. did they suffocate in the birth canal during contractions?? These dogs are AKC pure bred australian cattle dogs and her first litter. she is three years old, but a little small in stature. i would appreciate your input in this matter, because I am a little heart broken and confused.......Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Sorry to hear about your puppies. Was this her first litter? Was any x-rays or ultrasound performed before she gave birth?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for the response. As I wrote in the initial question, this is her first litter. There was an ultasound at three months with no problems. She gave birth within 63 days from end or estrous. Nothing against the profession, but my local Vet has no REAL answer's for me no matter what I ask.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There has been no answers given me from the initial 19 dollar consultation. Is there anybody (real person) reading my mail? Nobody told me that I would have to pay more money to get an answer. I am very concerned about my dogs
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 10 days ago.

Sorry I was offline when you responded. I wasn't expecting a response back since the original question and my initial response was posted about 10 days ago. Let me know if you still want assistance other wise I can put you in contact with customer service.