Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

LEFT EYE IS DROOPY AND RED AND IF I GO TO TOUCH IT SHE

Customer Question

LEFT EYE IS DROOPY AND RED AND IF I GO TO TOUCH IT SHE YELPS. SHE A CAVALIER KING CHARLES
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: mYRTLE 8 YRS OLD
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about myrtle?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 26 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Can you post a picture of her eye so that I have a better idea of what is going on with Myrtle?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
DON'T HAVE A PIX RED MORE ON LOWER PART OF EYE

Okay. If the red is on the inside of the lower eyelid, then that is conjunctivitis (inflammation) and it is classically due to allergies or a bacterial infection. If the redness is like a circular piece of tissue that is sticking up on the lower inside of the eye (towards the nose) then it could be a prolapsed gland of the third eyelid (sometimes called Cherry eye). Either way, Myrtle should be seen by your local veterinarian for a physical exam and medications. They can make her more comfortable and hopefully prevent further issues with the eye. There are no good therapeutics you can do at home to help with an eye issues. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for a couple of days, even after rating my response. Take care.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 24 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

katjadvm