Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 9.5lb multipoo got A hold of bottle with 3oz of baby

Customer Question

My 9.5lb multipoo got A hold of bottle with 3oz of baby formula and drank all of it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He seems ok right now but not sure if it is toxic for him
JA: Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: 3oz of newborn infant formula
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 18 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Please don't give this a second thought, there is nothing in baby formula toxic to dogs, the chances are this will not affect him in the slightest.

2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation, but in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you so much.

No problem, very glad to be advising you ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 15 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the baby formula ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He is fine. It didn't effect him at all. Just scared me. Thanks for the follow up

.