Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I had my dog nuetured 4 days ago. His scrotum is swollen but

Customer Question

I had my dog nuetured 4 days ago. His scrotum is swollen but it is not hot or does he look in pain. He's playful but he does lick the scrotum. Should I bring him back to my vet. He is 11 months old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey. He is a AKC registered Bullmastiff.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: I think that about covers it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Has he been wearing an e-collar?

Is he taking it easy or has he been exercising?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has been taking it easy in most cases but when I bring him to do his business he likes to frolic by himself.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

It sounds to me like he may have a hematoma going on...that's when the previously empty scrotum fills with blood. It's not dangerous or painful, but if it gets bigger it can cause problems.

At this point, I don't feel like you need to rush him to an emergency vet or anything tonight, but I would absolutely give your vet a call in the morning and have them take a peek, just to be safe. They may want to open the incision and drain the fluid, or they may just opt to keep an eye on but having them look at it will be the best idea.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Lisa