Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Yellow vomit every morning only. she is an american dingo 9

Customer Question

yellow vomit every morning only. she is an american dingo 9 years of age.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, she eats the same diet everyday cooked chicken and a small amount of roast beef a bit of yogurt and evoo oli. about one tblspn. and always vomits outside in the morning.
JA: OK. The veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: sunny
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about sunny?
Customer: no, other than multiple growths like fleshy warts on legs and feet, and soft tumor under stomach skin.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 22 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 22 days ago.

How many times a day does Sunny eat?

What time is the last time at night that she eats?

Has she always done this, or is it a new thing?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
she eats a total of 2 cups of food in 2 meals. last feeding is at 5pm, then 2 medium milk bone treats.
her vomiting used to be once a month, for afew months now every morning only.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
i don't have a cell, regular phone is 810-671- 3087
Expert:  Lisa replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Since you're seeing yellow bile every morning, I suspect she may be suffering from the doggy version of acid reflux.

Just like in humans, if a dog builds up too much stomach acid from not eating for several hours (which is why she only does it in the morning) they can have some vomiting. Some owners opt to feed a small meal in the middle of the night, through the use of a automatic feeder, but since you feed human grade food, I don't know if that would be feasible for you, so you may want to look into an over-the-counter medication to help control the acid.

When it comes to treating acid reflux, I've found the use of Omeprazole (Prilosec) seems to work a bit better than the Cimetidine (Tagamet). And although I'm sure you'd prefer not to have her on a medication for the rest of her life, the Tagamet has been used in veterinary medicine for many years as it has been incredibly safe to use for years on end.

You can find more information here:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=0+1303+1459&aid=1450

You could also try adding some boiled white rice to her diet in the evening meal to see if that is a little easier on her stomach and could provide a starchy barrier to help keep the acid down a bit longer.

I hope this helps.