Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I caught my stupid nd doing meth and my dog licked the spoon

Customer Question

I caught my stupid nd doing meth and my dog licked the spoon he's in jail now but I'm scared about my dig
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He's just being super clingy and acting scared paws at me when I stop petting him
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 21 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long ago was this?

How much does your dog weigh?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He weighs 12 about hour ago

I have attempted to accept your request for a phone call but it states payment has failed. I have tried offering a call just in case there's a bug on the website keeping us from making contact. I'll stand by to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It shouldn't have I just put my check in yesterda
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I can't lose him right now

It may just be an error with the site, sometimes that does happen. It's been my experience that sometimes banks and credit cards will flag the transaction as suspicious. Might keep trying it.

If you are concerned, go directly to your local ER. That is going to be the fastest way to be sure that he gets the care that he needs. Meth ingestion can be deadly in dogs, but if it was a small amount off of a spoon it may have been enough to cause symptoms but not enough to cause death.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 20 days ago.

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He's doing good has diarrhea my vet said he'll be ok I never asked to speak to a therapist or lawyer and that is the problem I'm not gonna pay for something I didn't need I only wanted to talk to a vet and all I kept getting was 50 for this 68 for that I don't make that much money I only needed 1 question answered that was About my dog

I'm not sure what page you made it to, but I apologize for your frustration.I am glad to hear your companion is doing well.