Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He ate 100 mg tab lyrica. He is a schichon weighs 20 lb,

Customer Question

He ate 100 mg tab lyrica. He is a schichon weighs 20 lb
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Benny 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Benny?
Customer: No
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 22 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion doing at this current time? Any changes?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
He is active
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am unable to access your answer

Thank you for your reply.

Benny has definitely had way too much lyrica for a dog his size, fortunately there seems to be a high tolerance for this medication in dogs. Poison control reports that dogs with an overdose of this medication are most commonly observed to be walking in a drunken fashion or lethargic. The symptoms, if any are observed, tend to be seen in the first 36 hours following ingestion. Due to the fact that it's been so long since he consumed this medication, watching to see if there are any symptoms that develop would be wise. Otherwise, if none develop, there's should be little reason to be concerned after the first 36 hours have passed.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

If you would like to speak on the phone, please let me know. Your request came through after I had posted my answer.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 21 days ago.

Checking in, JACustomer. I did not hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing?