Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have always gave Our Golden Retriever Breeze Iams dog

Customer Question

We have always gave Our Golden Retriever Breeze Iams dog food. We recently only changed to Iams healthy natural dog food. Now the sores are on his back and chest and butt. We originally took him to the vet for hot spots on his legs and he kept chewing on it. It cost us $270 in vet fees. What should we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Breeze?
Customer:***@******.***
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 27 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a link to the "breeze aims dog food". I'd like to take a look at both foods and see if theres a reason for the sores.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Where do I share the link

Right in the chat box.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
He started with Iams puppy. Yellow bag
Then Iams green bag
Now iams black bag all natural ingredients

Okay, so all Iams products. He was doing well on the Iams green back and it's been since the switch to the black bag that you've had issues, is that correct?

Also, on the black bag, there are three flavors. Lamb, maintenance with chicken and ocean fish. Which did you use?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Chicken at first today I am trying the lamb
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Or would the fish be better

It sounds like the hot spots have recurred. If this continues to be an issue for him, I would recommend a visit to a dermatologist to have the cause of the hot spots determined. Lamb is probably going to be the best choice out of all of them, but this food is not acceptable for a diet trial if allergies are suspected so the future may hold trying a different food. For now, I would return to your vet and ask them to prescribe meds to treat him once again. If this happens a third time, request a visit to a dermatologist.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Cancel my subscription I have already tried everything

I'll get it done for you. Good luck!