Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is a 7 year old yellow lab mix, normally high energy

Customer Question

My dog is a 7 year old yellow lab mix, normally high energy and spunky. Within a day, she became lethargic, is drinking a lot of water and is panting more than usual. It's now been 36 hours and I have an appointment with my vet tomorrow afternoon, but what signs should I look out for, in case she needs urgent care? Thanks!!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kaya
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Kaya?
Customer: She also came down with an eye infection, but she's already been seen by an opthamologist today for it; she has chronic episcleritis
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Im sorry for the delay in hearing back from us, JACustomer. Are you still in need of assistance for Kaya?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't but thanks. Can you make sure my card isn't charged?

I will.