Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He is a 13 y/o boxer mula have crushings but he will not lay

Customer Question

He is a 13 y/o boxer mula have crushings but he will not lay down he sits and then will move then sit and move again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rocky is the dog
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?
Customer: Nothing other than possible cushings
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He appears to have a belly ache as he hasnpuked up two large piles of stuff! He does seem to want to lay down now but still has a belly ache.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Rocky's behavior indicates discomfort and it sounds as if that discomfort was in his gastrointestinal tract. The cause of the discomfort is unclear, however. May I have an update on Rocky, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still seems to be nervous and can't lay or sit still for long at a time. He puked up two large Wads of something that appeared to give him some relief. I am expecting him to do that again as he seem to be acting like he is still sick at his stomach

...and he shouldn't be stopped from vomiting if he needs to.

Cushing's is a complicated disease which affects most every body system.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What if any are the treatments for cushings

Either oral trilostane or mitotane. Trilostane is most often prescribed as it appears to be less toxic.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where would we go to have him 1.) diagnosed 2.) where would we get the treatments

His regular vet can perform the test of choice - the low dose dexamthasone suppression test. If positive, the vet would prescribe one of those drugs.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much

You'e quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do thanks sgain

It's my pleasure.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?