Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I'm not sure if she ate a flexeril 10 mg pull. I did give

Customer Question

I'm not sure if she ate a flexeril 10 mg pull. I did give her hydrogen peroxide a half hour ago but it did not make her throw up . She weighs 4.8 lbs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mari 16 months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Mari?
Customer: No she's still moving around fine and alert I just can't find the pill so I'm not 100% sure she injested it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Flexeril { Cyclobenzaprine } is a human skeletal muscle relaxant but it is not used very much { if at all } in the dog. Because of this it is difficult to predict what it's effects would be in your case, but symptoms such as agitation, vomiting, diarrhoea, salivation, and tremors have been reported. You have a smaller dog so this is a concern ...

2. Quickly inducing vomiting is the best course of action in this sort of situation, if you are not successful the first time then you can try again a second time 15 minutes later, Here is a link to an accurate article which covers how to induce vomiting in the dog : LINK

Of course if you fail to induce vomiting and any adverse symptoms do occur you should have your dog checked over by an ER vet without delay.

3. Of course it could be that your dog did not swallow this tablets and if no adverse symptoms occur over the next two hours or so then this is a possibility. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Mari is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Flexeril incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mari is just fine. Thank God!!!!
She did eat it apparently and did not throw up but she was just very calm but never had any real scary issues through out the night . She was up running around at 6am just like normal . At least I now know to keep the medication way out of her reach. And I never knew also to use the hydrogen peroxide. It was a learning and lucky nothing was any worse sleepless night for me , but my beloved dog is just fine. Thank You

Thanks for the update, I am so glad she came through this OK :-)

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?